I've tried tuna in a pouch before, I was not a fan. Truly, Sea Fare Pacific has changed that. This is by far the best tuna I've ever eaten! EVER!!
We are huge California roll and sushi fans in our house and I've been craving some! PERFECT timing! I received 2 packets of Sea Fare Pacific Albacore Tuna to review. The first packet we tried is Jalapeno Tuna . Ohhhhhhhh MAMA that's good!! You can even see the Jalapeno pieces!! The jalapeno is NOT
over powering. It's not too spicy and it's NOT hot!!
The taste is amazing! Very fresh tasting. NOT oily. Just DELICIOUS!!
Doesn't that look GOOD?!?!
Why is Sea Fare Pacific Tuna different? Because they are committed to working toward a sustainable future by providing families with high quality, naturally nutritious products from wild albacore tuna.
Using gluten free and non-GMO ingredients and line-caught tuna sourced solely from Pacific US sustainable fisheries, Sea Fare Pacific’s pouches are superior on every level.
Here’s some info about why our albacore tuna is superior to other canned tuna found on most grocery shelves:
- Our young albacore tuna (3-5 years old) are line-caught off the Pacific West Coast. Multiple studies have shown that these fish have no mercury concerns. In fact, these albacore tuna are listed on Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch’s Super Green List as a Best Choice item for being low in environmental contaminants and an excellent source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- These pouches are BPA-free and leave a low carbon footprint.
- The tuna are caught and processed on the Oregon Coast, not sent offshore to be processed by cheaper labor.
- The tuna is hand filleted at ice cold temperatures, placed in the pouch and cooked just once (unlike many twice-cooked can products) in its own naturally nutritious fish oils.
- The pouches have 6 times more heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids than most canned products that have been cooked twice with water and oil added.
- No draining. The oil found in the pouches are the natural oils found in the fish and should be mixed back into the tuna for maximum flavor and health benefits.
In summary – This is a premium product unlike popular tuna brands such as Chicken of the Sea and Bumblebee. These pouches contain healthy, premium, sustainably sourced albacore tuna that have been caught and processed by American workers.
Featured Pouch: 6oz. Albacore Tuna infused with Jalapeño Peppers
- Sea Fare Pacific’s jalapeño pepper flavored albacore tuna has a mild, unique flavor from the perfect blend of extra virgin olive oil and jalapeño peppers. Convenient and easy-to-open, these 6oz. pouches last up to three years on a shelf and have a noticeably fresher taste than tuna out of a traditional can (Food guru, Phil Lempert, labeled this product as a ‘Hit’, with a rating of 94/100) for the perfect protein packed snack! The wild albacore tuna found in these pouches have been line caught from Pacific US sustainable fisheries and cooked just once.
This is what I'm making next! Smoked Tuna Bruschetta!
8 ounces Smoked Tuna
Crisp slices of French bread
4 Tablespoons cream cheese
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 Tablespoon each of Green onions, shallots, fresh parsley
Mix tuna, cream cheese, green onions, parsley, cream until a paste like consistency. Garnish with chopped green onions and fresh parsley. Serve with French bread or crackers.
Bring wine and you can join me!!!
The awesome folks over at Sea Fare Pacific are giving one very lucky Peanut Butter and Whine follower their own Albacore Tuna to try!! YUMMM!!! Good Luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.